This week marks a major milestone in Internet history.
On June 6, more than 2,000 websites, Internet Service Providers, and home router vendors from more than 100 countries will participate in World IPv6 Launch and turn on their IPv6 capabilities permanently.
In preparation for this momentous event, we've compiled some useful resources from Verisign and others for your reference below. Leave a comment with other suggested resources and we may add them to the list.
- World IPv6 Launch Twitter feed: www.twitter.com/@WorldIPv6Launch
- Forbes article: 6 Reasons Why Businesses Should Deploy IPv6 Now
- IPv6 Test: Check your Internet and Website's IPv6 Capabilities
- Between The Dots: Verisign Blog Posts on IPv6
- Network World article: IPv6 Transition: Observations from a name server perspective
Here's a video from Verisign's leadership explaining the need for IPv6 and what the transition will mean for businesses, end users, and the Internet as a whole.